What do you see when you encounter a ghost? They’ve been described many ways.
- Like a filmstrip, a shadowy figure walking through a wall as if it wasn’t there. A slice of the past.
- A series of lights, moving in the dark, which come together to form a figure.
- It looks just like a regular person.
- Invisible, but makes its presence known by sitting on and indenting the sofa or the bed, or leaving footprints.
- You don’t see, but sense them – you feel the presence in a vivid way. You may hear or smell it, or you may get a physical feeling like a chill down your spine. But you know something’s there.
- Translucent, white, you can see through it to the wall behind.
- It calls your name or makes noises.
- Poltergeist phenomena: doors slamming, lights going on and off, things thrown through the air, etc.
These are just a few examples. Have you ever run into a ghost? If so, what did you see? How did you experience it? Love to hear from you – feel free to comment below!